Last night I made tacos. Not only are they delicious; they are so easy. Now that I’ve figured out the perfect Taco seasoning mix it’s healthy too. Here is a simple way to get great results using all natural ingredients that you can adjust to your taste buds. I serve it with both hard taco shells and the soft tortillas to satisfy everyone’s tastes. Personally I like it as a salad and always make twice as much to make certain I have leftovers for lunch.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
1 pound of ground Turkey meat – do not use the very lean white mean, it is too dry
Iceberg lettuce – chopped
Tomato – diced
Avocado – chopped
Sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
Hard taco shells – warmed
Soft tortillas – warmed
Taco Sauce (I like the Imus Ranch medium sauce)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cilantro – chopped (optional)
• Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl
• Pour olive oil into a frying pan and brown the turkey meat, continue stirring to make certain it is separated
• When it has cooked through add the dry seasonings and mix well
• Add 1/2 cup water and let it simmer for 15 minutes adding more water if needed
• The meat should have a sauce, but not be soupy
• Cover to keep the meat warm
To serve, place all the separate ingredients in separate bowls and let everyone make there own.
Comments will be approved before showing up.